Monday, October 5, 2015

IntuiSwitch controls


I am changing to IntuiSwitch controls for my turnouts, and am in the process of installing them. This is a product of ESELCO, from Lenexa, KS, (info@intuiswitch) and developed by Sheldon Levy. As you can see from the photos, they are push button operated, and flush mounted directly to the fascia, a primary reason I am making the change. In addition, they come with the route marked, red and green lights indicating the divergent and main routes respectively. They have been relatively easy to install, and early on, I am most happy with them.


In addition to the individual switches as shown above, the company makes custom panels to handle yards or multiple tracks, with the route lighted, once set.


I am using the IntuiSwitch connected both to Tortoise and SwitchMaster turnout motors. Since on the P&LE, I originally had installed toggle switches as controls, the change over was simple, changing just four wires from the original setup. One note of caution, these switches require more power than my original toggles, and I am installing additional power sources (wall transformers) and removing the switches from the Digitrax track buss.

No comments:

Post a Comment